Results from HQ June 2016

Well, my human friends  we have come to the last war of the 9th Tour of Duty.
No one can say this is not a long war fought by dedicated, patriotic fighters!
I salute you my human friends.

So what happened in June? Who were the victors?

The Challenge
The USA fielded 16 magnificent heroes & heroines, who snatched 6997 pts = 50.2% of the spoils of war.
The UK & Co fielded 13 (unlucky for some) fabulous warriors, grabbed 6946 pts = 49.8%
Wow.. that was close. A nose! A hairsbreadth! The width of a feathered arrow! Congratulations to my American buddies. You snatched victory!
The USA won the Challenge battle by 0.4%.

The Survivor
The USA sent in 8 human missiles, grabbed 1848 pts = 39.8%
The UK & Co sent in 13 (not unlucky for some) bigger, better, faster human missiles, won 2792 pts = 60.2%
A moments silence and empathic regret ... whilst we all sombrely contemplate the havoc and slaughter. USA, my beaten up friends, you were thrashed on that one.
The UK & Co won the June Survivor battle by ..... a lot.

Two battles = one monthly war.
The UK & Co = 55%
The USA = 45%

A smashing victory to the woadwearers ... yet, a noble defeat for the USA who managed to break the stranglehold of UK supremacy by winning the Challenge but it was not enough ... and sadly met their nemesis on the Survivor.
Take heart!
The 10th Tour of Duty is set to begin.
And I'm honoured, pleased and rather chuffed to brag that some of you have fought in all of them. Thank you.
Don your flak jackets, gird your loins and bravely wade into the fray again for world domination is not written in stone until one side surrenders.
And me? As a practising pacifist I don't wear combat gear, just a rather snappy tuxedo. I shall amble over to the smorgasbord and partake of the mouthwatering goodies on offer, with my medical bag of bandages and splints tightly gripped in my flipper.

See you there my friends .... I shall cheer you on!

No comments: