Results from HQ for January 2011

Did my American friends resist the might of the British army?
Is it possible for anyone to beat the British? And live to tell the tale?
Is Pengy sabre rattling? Of course ... and shamelessly, for I am only an impartial, simple, harmless penguin.

My bomb pod is dusted out and ready for me to dart in and hide.
But first ... hot from HQ ... who were January's war winner.

The Challenge
The USA fielded 29 players and grabbed 8807 points = 51.8% of the spoils of war.
The UK & Co army fielded 31 players and won 8164 pts = 48.2% of the soggy teabags out of Boston Harbour.
Yes! The American rebels won Januarys Challenge by 3.6%. And wasn't it a close run thing? The USA won this battle in December too by 1.6%.

But if you thought that was close .... wait for this next one!
In the past we've had results so close I could only just slide a kipper bone between the two armies. I'm waving a kipper bone here ... ready. You shall feel it tickling in a minute.
The Titan
The USA fielded a small crack squad of 8 players who stashed 6591 points = 50.03%
The UK & Co fielded 14 players who grabbed ... wait for it ... grabbed 6583 points ....
= 49.97%
How close can it get!
The fabulous Americans won Januarys Titan battle by the tinniest .... 0.06%!
Thank goodness my techno abacus can deal with fractions! That's 6 hundreths!
What a fantastically close battle and a well deserved win for the USA. ..... Just.
I'll just pause here to wave at these amazing American Titan heroes.

With the USA slightly ahead we come next to the Mogul.
Ah ... and I can see many scalps nailed to totem poles ... and as they waft about in the wind I can see writing on them. And it reads ......
Made In The USA.
The USA Moguls wriggled under the 60 second guillotine, shaving their scalps, and stashed 2640 bonus goodies = 36.6%
The UK & Co ... slithered under nimbly and grabbed an awesome 4570 points = 63.4%
It's all down to martin cube's isotronic nibbles! They worked.
The UK & Co army won the January Mogul by a massive 26.8%
And what can a garrulous Pengy add to that?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Can the Americans survive such a hammering?
With Stars & Stripes draped over my back I limp and hobble over to the Survivor battlefield.
The USA snatched 3715 points whilst eluding Piranha's jaws = 47.5%
The UK & Co won 4110 points before been devoured in the Pit = 52.5%
The UK & Co won Januarys Survivor battle by 5%

I'm rattling my abacus with excitment here .... enough to make my teeth rattle.
The overall winner over the 4 battles and winner of the war is
The USA = 46.5%
The UK & Co = 53.5%
The UK & Co win the January war by 7%
In December they won by 2%

Hmmm ... Pengy asks sadly .... where is WorldB? Where is mos623? Guys ... your country needs you ... and needs you now ... and needs you badly.
To the UK & Co I say ... you are fabulous! Yes it's true! Well done!
But will you sleep easy in your beds at night now ... for there is nothing more fearsome than a defeated American.

No comments: