Results from HQ for July 2010


The UK & Co won Mays war.
The UK & Co won Junes war.
Are my American buddies going to let this continue I ask myself?
And I must say ... this Pengy found the July war to be exciting fighting fun. Have my American buddies managed to stem the tide from across the Atlantic? Marsalinator came back ... and there were some very tough new recruits. I will whisper their names .... Why? Because I frighten easy and I'm just relieved I didn't have to take them on. Their names? Oh yes, Rage .. Schoonie101 and hammerdjh.

I've nibbled my flippers down to the elbows with nerves and it's time to raid the stats from HQ.
Who won in July? The Great USA? Or the Old Empire, The UK & Co.

The Challenge
The USA fielded 29 troopers, nabbed 7712 points = 49.8%
The UK & Co fielded 27 troopers, grabbed 7248 points = 50.2%
The UK & Co won the July Challenge by a measly 0.4% .. that's less than a whole one percent! That's less than a kipper bone between the two armies!
But alas, my American buddies ... it was still a UK & Co win.

The Titans
Ah .. my telescope detected some new bald eagles hurdling through the battle trenches this month. Did these ferocious newcomers find their prey?
In a word.
Yes.
The USA army fielded 11 deadly, dangerous troopers, snatched 2135 points = 52.6%
The UK & Co , valiant defenders, fielded 12 troopers, won 2096 points = 47.4%
Where are my flags! Hah! Here we are!
The USA won Julys titanic Titan battle by 5.2% ... last month the now beaten into the dust UK had won by 8.8%
And what a terrific fight it was to watch aswell and not a little frightening for your Pengy referee come stretcher bearer. Well .. someone has to pick up the trampled players, dispense aqua vitae whilst breathing hard into a brown paper bag on the sidelines.
A great win my American buddies. ... but now for the bad news! The deadly Rage .. Schoonie101 and hammerdjh attained Invincible status on the Challenge and so are now NOT eligible to play the Titan in August. Tssk ... this is bad news indeed for the bald eagles. Paper aeroplane for the UK is also barred.
However .. this means that any evictees from Mount Olympus can now jump into the fray ... claim glory ... try to claim a crown.
Clamking .. Qmel and cubswin2323 for the USA , go! go! go! .... and
Steve-e for the UK & Co have official permission to go and create havoc!

The Mogul
The 60 second guillotine dropped neatly and quickly. I do keep it well oiled you know.
The USA army slithered and scrambled under the chopper whilst grabbing 3040 bonus points = 41.8%
The UK & Co limboed under it in droves ... grabbing 4230 scalps ... did I say scalps? Points. I meant points, which = 58.2%
Taking american scalps and nailing them to their totem poles as they stormed to victory the UK & Co won the July Mogul by 16.4%.
Last month they won by 17.6%
In May it was 28%
I see an encouraging trend here for my American eagles but my astute, machiavellian, Pengy insight also tells me the Mogul might once again have swung the war.
But has it?
The Survivor
The USA army eluded the dangerous Pit and Piranha's chomping jaws long enough to stash 3130 points to add to their arsenal. = 42.2%
The UK & Co army scrambled to safety long enough to grab 4285 fabulous points, = 57.8%.
Victory for the UK & Co army in the July survivor battle by 15.6%
Last month it was 8.6%

Hmm .. I ponder the war stats gripped nervously in my flipper and a thought occurs to me. Just the one.. for I'll have you know I'm only a simple Pengy with a limited attention span.
The USA armies strength is in team battles ... but ... more of them need to slither nimbly under that Mogul guillotine and more need to bravely face the dangers of Piranha's Pit. Does this mean the UK & Co troopers are braver and more courageous? Have no fear of Piranha's jaws? Are more devilishly clever? I will never know for sure .. for my attention has wandered off elsewhere. .. as it does ...

Ah .. yes, the overall winner of Julys war based on all four battles ..
The USA snatched 46.6% of all points won
The UK & Co snatched 53.4% of all the points won.
A UK & Co victory (again) by 6.8%
Last month they stormed home by 9%... which was more.
And ... July was the first month of the Fourth Tour of Duty!
So it's First Blood to the woadwearers!

No comments: