Results from HQ for June 2010

The UK & Co won Mays war ..
But the USA have been sneaking in new recruits ... yes they have! Did you think you could sneak past my beaky nose? Nope. I saw where you wriggled under the electrified fences.
So ... did these new crack American troops manage to swing a win? Restore American pride?
Let's see ... I'll unroll the war stats from HQ ... I pucker my lips (beaks can't pucker) ... and

The Challenge
The USA army fielded 29 troops, grabbed 6792 points = 49.4%.
The UK & Co fielded 30 troops, snatched 7205 points = 50.6%
Lizzie Windsor just ran up the flagpole at Buckingham Palace with a Union Jack!
The UK & Co army win the June Challenge by 1.2% .. a measly margin .. (last month they won by 4.4%). My American buddies I admire your courage ... you reined them in , but alas not enough.

The Titans
The USA army fielded 10 troops this time .. mmm ... I thought I spotted some new brave souls skirmishing amongst the Titans. These 10 nippy little diehards bagged 1476 points = 45.6%
The mathematical minded are already ahead of me aren't you?
The UK & Co enlisted 14 fearsome woad wearers, who snatched 2456 points = 54.4%.
The UK & Co bionic battlers won the June Titan by 8.8% ( I shall whisper this next bit ... that in May the USA won by 0.8%)
Oh dear my American buddies this is not looking good.

The Mogul
The USA limboed under the 60 second guillotine and snatched 2970 bonus goodies = 41.2%
But ... the UK & Co slithered quicker, faster, better and in bigger numbers to grab 4250 = 58.8%
Another win for the the Old Empire!
The UK & Co have a convincing win for the June Mogul, by an awe inspiring 17.6% ( but in May it was a staggering 28%.. so take heart USA, now go grab them by the heels and nail their hides to the totem pole in July!

The Survivor
The USA avoided Piranha's menacing jaws long enough to stockpile 3325 points = 45.7%
The UK & Co avoided the Pit long enough to amass 3945 points = 54.3%.
The UK & Co win the June Survivor by 8.6% ... in May it was 9.4%.

So what can this canny tactician named Pengy deduce from all this?
Overall the UK & Co army won the June war by grabbing 54.5% of the arsenal.
The USA only stashed 45.5 %
That's a 9% win for the statisticians amongst us .. last month it was 10.2%

So I ponder : Are the UK & Co army truly unbeatable? The absaloute best on the planet? Will the next rulers of planet Earth one day chance upon this inane blog and revere and diefy the Great Old Warrior Gods ... The UK & Commonwealth?
Afterall they won all four wars in June.
Another fanciful thought.. yes, I'm capbale of consecutive thought on a good day: But's it also true that my American friends took longer to hammer into the ground. I know you're tough but is resistance futile I ask myself? But with these new recruits can they hope to thrash the UK & Co? The USA's weak spot is the Mogul ... and I'm impartial else I'd offer to stick velcro to the UK's cloven feet , lasso their legs with spaghetti ... grease the Mogul guillotine super speedy fast when I see those islanders coming... but I can't because I'm a pacifist and I adore all humans ... and besides, I love a good fight!
So less yabber .. and more refereeing. I shall shrug into my combat jacket and jog over to the battlegrounds.
Have fun my friends! Remember ... the fun is in taking part ... not winning (but what fool said that!)

No comments: