Tournament Stats September 2009

These stats are so hot my little flippers are scorched!

The USA won the August war .. to me, a simple minded pacifist pengy this promised an exciting war for September. The UK & Co in revenge mode can be a fearsome thing to behold!
Was honour restored? Or did our American buddies hammer home another victory?
Let's get to it ... it's cruel to prolong the supense when your nerves are shredded ... my flippers are gnawed down to the elbow!

The Challenge
USA fielded 26 rampaging killing machines , won 6802 pts = 54.7% of the pumpkin pie. (I like pies)
UK & Co sent in 36 dashing devils, won 7794 pts = 45.3%.
Ah. ... once again the smaller, dare I say smarter army won! I retract that now ..
I love both armies! All humans!
USA win the September Challenge by a comfy 8.8%.
Last month it was total annihilation with an 18% win for the USA. Seriously ... no one expected the UK to take such humiliation lying down did they? That stiff, upper lip must still be trembling though...what will it take to beat the USA?
What a nice start for the red army ... one battle win tucked in their grenade belt.

The Titan
USA fielded ... just a minute whilst I recount my digits in quiet amazement ....
Only 6 troopers. Tssk ... these 6 deserve a medal. By the way I have undying sneaky admiration for you 6 ... you're so very brave!
USA won 773 points = 41.2% of the pie.
UK & Co .. fielded 18 ... yes 18 ... won 3316 pts = 58.8%
Yikes ... the UK & Co Titans did it! Totally mashed and macerated the opposition into the mud. I confess to spotting one or two dazed Amerians stumbling about in the trenches.
UK & Co win the September Titans by a thumping 17.6%.
Well USA .. I wouldn't let them get away with that. They'll be getting smug next.

The Mogul
USA won and stashed 3000 grenades in their arsenal = 42%
Oh my bottom lip is trembling ...
UK & Co won and stashed 4160 bonus grenades ... that's more .. = 58%
UK & Co win the September Mogul by 16%. (last month it was only by 6.8%).
This is where I toss my soggy tissue away ... diplomacy not sympathy is called for. Yes! Don't assume the worst yet my American friends.
Wait..there is still one more battle to go!

The Survivor
You know something my friends, I'm not a cowardly critter , much,.... but I'm craning my head over the parapet here ... just judging the distance and speed needed for a desperate dash to my bombpod.
USA won 3190 bonus goodies ... whilst darting and dashing and evading piranha.which = 44.5%
I have one leg slung over the parapet ...my best sprinting leg.
UK & Co won 3975 bonus goodies ... with much better evasion tactics... = 55.5%
Bet you blue woad wearers are cheering already!
UK & Co ... have snatched back glory by winning the September Survivor by 11% ... after being beaten last month.
If you're a mental contortionist you'll have matched my abacus which spits out that over the 4 battlefields ...
The UK & Co have won the September war by 8.8%
Were you that quick?
Well I'm quicker ....see those dust clouds? That's me hotfooting it across to the bombpod with a white hanky tied to my referee baton. Heck USA I'm only the bringer of bad news ... and I frighten easy!
ps. Be back tomorrow with the thrones dusted off and plugged in ready for our champ crowning!
Adios!

1 comment:

Dave in Omaha said...

(sigh) Still to quote the Father of the American Navy John Paul Jones: "i've not yet begun to fight!" ;)

cubswin2323