Results from HQ September 2017

Are you sitting comfortably?
Prepare for nailbiting stuff ... for anxiety attacks and brown paper bags .. for excruciating tension and palpitations as I waffle on and extend your purgatory.
Okay, sadism over and onto the results. And boy was it close!

Who won in September?

The Challenge
The USA fielded 14 crack troopers, snatched 7140 points = 52.7% of the spoils of war.
The UK & Co fielded 10 superhuman patriots, grabbed 6414 pts = 47.3%
The USA army won the Challenge battle.

But was this lead enough to guarantee another conquest? My American buddies have done it before , month after month .....

The Survivor
The USA fielded 8 magnificent troops and bagged 1749 pts = 48.2%
The UK & Co fielded 11 heroes and heroines and won 1880 pts = 51.8%
The UK & Co won the Survivor battle.

Man (and woman) the barricades USA, the UK are coming!
One battle each .... both close results.
I'm rattling my abacus like a Dervish here! Isn't it exciting!
I've taken out both the Star & Stripes and the Union Jack and ironed both, ready for hoisting proudly up the mast .. but there can only be one victor in this ferociously fought eternal war.

Two battles.
One win each.
But .. overall
The USA = 50.45%
The UK & Co = 49.55%

The USA won, by a measly 0.9%, the September War.
That is close! Hasn't been that close for months. They're coming my American friends! Whilst I fold away the Union Jack and proudly honour our USA quizzers victory and hoist their flag I can feel a tingling between my fishy shoulder blades ... the UK are watching, waiting in the trenches and intend to storm to glory.
I'm a pacifist pengy ... I know these things.

Everyone, pile back into the new monthly fray. All leave is cancelled.

No comments: