Results from HQ June 2017

Hello again wondrous warriors, humans .. fellow earth dwellers.

The last war, June's War, was a special war.
It was the monthly war which completed the 10th Tour of Duty. Ten years of feisty fighting between two determined proud nations ... 

So how did it go in June? And who claimed victory?

The Challenge
The USA fielded 16 patriotic troopers who grabbed 6444 points = 48.7% of the crumbs of war.
The UK & Co fielded 12 heroic woad-wearers, who snatched 6795 pts = 51.3% of the bigger, better spoils of war.
And grabbed victory on the Challenge battlefield!
Well done UK & Co!
This is the first UK win on the Challenge battlefield this year!

The Survivor
The USA fielded 8 warriors ... bagged 2052 pts = 47.3%
The UK & Co sent in 12 ferocious fighters .. won 2289 pts = 52.7%

Two battles make one monthly war:
USA = 48%
UK & Co = 52%

Congratulations my UK friends! Celebrate! Everyone off to the chippy or the nearest takeaway tonight for a celebratory feast. Or for the truly noble in victory ... a KFC or MacDonald's. God Save the Queen and all who float on that independent island West of the EU.

Well my American buddies ..it was bound to happen so I shall try to sound duly sombre. You've won 6 of the last 8 wars but the UK was never ever going to surrender or be subjugated.
They're fighting back! But you knew that ...right? That you'd be toppled by one of the greatest armies in the world.
But boy, this pacifist penguin is just loving the scrap. Not that I condone violence or war of any sort of course, but I adore brave humans with fighting spirit!
To show my appreciation I shall scurry back to the trenches to patrol the bunkers with my newly replenished bag of splints, bandages and aqua vitae and quirky words of comfort to the wounded... and some nibbles from the Survivor smorgasbord.

You know .. it strikes me and I'm thinking 10 years is a wonderful achievement ..  not in terms of world peace, obviously, ... that ...
I shall write another blog! Yes, I flex my flippers, sip from my glass of shandy and ...... cast my mind back to when war broke out ...

No comments: