Results from HQ for June 2015

Greetings my human friends.
Enjoying summer I hope? I have ice packs tucked strategically in the pockets of my tuxedo to keep cool.

Well .. June's war was the last war of the 8th Tour of Duty. Many warriors and heroic quizzers have added to the fun and the not so deadly business of world domination. I salute you my friends! This penguin thanks you for playing and  making this one of the longest wars in living memory.

So how did June's war end? Who were the victors?

The Challenge
My American buddies fielded 18 fabulous troopers who grabbed 8203 points = 50.4% of the spoils of war.
My Old Empire friends (nothing to do with Darth Vader and his cohorts, more ancient than that) ... fielded 16 heroic warriors, snatched 8092 pts = 49.6%
The USA won the June Challenge battle!
Well done my friends ... have a glass of shandy on me!

The Survivor
Did our American heroes have enough of a lead or did the unconquerable woadwearers come charging back to claim victory? This is the stuff of nailbiting suspense .... on the more difficult battlefield as the questions get harder.
The USA fielded 11 players, won 2842 pts  = 44.9%
The Uk & Co fielded 16 who sprinted to glory by grabbing 3488 pts = 55.1%

And ... two battles, amalgamated, make for one war.
The USA = 47.7%
The UK & Co  = 52.3%
The UK & Co won the June War.

Whilst the USA won the Challenge ... the UK & Co won the Survivor .. and eventually ruled supreme.
What can I say? Can my American friends ever break the Uk & Co's strangehold? Or are they now unconquerable?

I'm going to wax nostalgic for a minor moment now. The first war was fought in July 2007, when the First Tour of Duty began. And it's still as exciting to this pacifist pengy now as it was then.
Come.. stand straight, walk tall, scroll that mouse fast, and more importantly get the answers right ..... and take pride in your country and wade into the fray for the newly begun 9th Tour of Duty.
By doing so .. you will become the stuff off legends.

And whilst playing the Survivor pile into the smorgasbord and indulge in some nibbles.  Buffalo wings for my American friends provided by Qmel ... which sounds ... different, but interesting. Or for something kinder to animals, or maybe not ... kangaroo steaks from martin cube.  Without a doubt this is performance enhancing food of the highest calibre.. we'll have no rubbish junk here.

And now , I shall grab my telescope and go do what penguins do best ... referee war!

No comments: