Results from HQ for April 2014

Hello once again .. my human friends
Are we sitting comfortably?

The fighting has been ferocious ...
Yesterday I ironed the Union Jack and the Star & Stripes, as I do unfailingly each month .. but which one will get to fly proudly on the Challenge battlefield? And which one sadly got folded and put away in a dark cupboard.

The Challenge
It was close! You take a deep breath and I shall cram my flippers in my mouth to stop myself spilling the beans and ruining the sadistic suspense!
The USA army fielded 28 magnificent troopers who nabbed 7793 points.
The UK & Co fielded 19 fantastic troops who nabbed 7809 points.
Yes! The abacus had to be fine tuned into splitting percentages ...
The USA = 49.95% of the spoils of War. That's impressive.
The UK & Co = 50.05% of the bigger crumbs   ... so .. still ... nevertheless ...
The UK & Co Army won the April Challenge Battle by 0.1%!
Yes.. I know that's small .. so I'll make it bigger. 0.1%

Whew .. how close was that! The Old British empire won by the skin of their teeth .. and I can see the smouldering footprints still smoking in the trenches.
But is a 0.1% lead enough? My tummy just fluttered then .. did yours?
Isn't this fabulous!
Now the stats from the ...
Survivor
The USA sent out 18 worthy heroes (and heroines) into the fray and snatched 4511 of the points.
The UK & Co fielded 19 and won 4450 of the goodies.
This is fun.
USA = 50.34%
UK & Co = 49.66%
The USA WON THE APRIL SURVIVOR BATTLE BY .... 0.74%

Stop the mental arithmetic now. You'll never do it. Well, you might if you're cleverer than me, which is a strong possibility. My little heart is hammering. There is a sadistic streak urging me to abandon this post  .. and come back tomorrow with the final result.
But no.
One army has won by less than a nose. I tried to slide a feather between you .. no good. So I slid a sharp bayonet between you ...

Two Battles make for one monthly War.
The final result.
USA =  50.145%
UK & Co = 49.855%
or ... according to a little LED readout I'm looking at ... a win by 0.29%.

My wonderful human friends we have an American Victory!
Congratulations!
And well won! And worthy of a gun salute.
And there goes my Star & Stripes bed throw .. now destined to fly proudly over the battlefields . .. after one or two moths have flown out.

Right UK & Co .. what I want to know now is are you going to let them get away with this.

No comments: