Results from HQ for December 2011

Happy New Year! And a prosperous 2012!
Heroes! Heroines! Patriotic fighters! Friends!

I have sipped my shandy ... and I have rattled my hi-tech abacus and the results from HQ are gripped in my flipper.
Where is the box of tissues! My eyes have misted over.
Oh dear ..
One army will be rejoicing in the streets! The other will not.

The Challenge.
The USA army fielded 22 troopers, nabbed 8313 pts = 46.7%
The UK & Co army fielded 23 valiant troopers, nabbed 9495 pts = 53.3%
The UK & Co won the December Challenge by 6.6% of the christmas pud.

The Titans
The courageous 6 USA heroes and heroines won 2857 pts = 33%
The annihilating UK & Co fielded 11 troops, won 5788 pts = 67%
The UK & Co won the December Titan by .....er , .......34%.

I can feel a panic attack coming ... brown paper bag needed! And deep breaths!
Help yourself to the tissues my American buddies.

The Mogul
Ah .. this is where the scalps get scalped ... shaved off whilst slithering under that 60 seconds guillotine and then nailed to the victors totem.
The USA wriggled under pretty quick and nabbed 2560 bonus goodies to stash in their arsenal. = 38%
The UK & Co shot like grease lightning and swiped 4250 scalps to nail up = 62%
The UK & Co won the December Mogul by 24%.


Quick! I need another box of tissues! Is someone stealing them and waving them up as white surrender flags? No. I know Americans are True Grit fighters, I've seen the film, I like Marian AKA John Wayne. But ouch! This hammering by the UK is starting to hurt.

Can pride and glory be snatched from the teeth of defeat?

The Survivor.
The USA avoided Piranha's jaws and grabbed 2720 pts = 40%
The UK & Co scrambled out of the deadly Pit and grabbed 4085 pts = 60%.

Silence.
A quick rattle of the abacus to find Decembers overall winner from the 4 battles.
Four individual battles all won by the determined UK & Co army.

The UK & Co won the December war.
USA = 39%
UK & Co = 61%.

Hmm ... the woad wearers have won victory in the last 7 monthly wars now.
Had I not soaked up so much shandy I would check to see if this latest defeat is the biggest ever suffered in history. Will it become the stuff of saga and legend?
Could it be that the UK & Co are just simply cleverer? Beat their mice into scrolling faster? Are they becoming unconquerable? Have the better army and will rule the world?
Will my American buddies one day surrender?
My little heart thudded and missed a beat then. Will they?
Yet I know they have some great generals and are fantastic players. Is it perhaps because one or two players enlist and go AWOL?
I do not know ... but today I shall shake out my Stars & Stripes flag and lay it out ... no ... not just so the moths can escape! I shall throw it over my bed as a duvet cover to air it in the hope that one day soon it will be hoisted proudly to fly over the battlefield.

ps. Pengy is impartial.
UK & Co you have them on the run ... staring ignoble defeat in the face. Go hammer them!
USA , never surrender! Straighten them shoulders! Be defiant! Cancel all leave!
And remember ... this is WAR!

No comments: