March 2008 Team Tournament Results from HQ


One of you is going to hug me..I hope...and the other team is going to hit me...I hope (NOT).

Right troopers here's comes the official, written in stone
damning results from penguin HQ.

Are you sitting comfortably? No? You're on the edge of your seat...Good!

Right.
The USA Won....

Yes! Alongside the greatest generals and explorers...
the troopers who dared play the Challenge and Mogul
will be famous....revered...mythical heroes.

The Challenge.
UK & Co fielded 59 players and nabbed 15552 points = 51.25 % of the cake.
USA fielded 54 players and nabbed 13542 points = 48.75% of smaller slices.
UK & Co win....by a skinny margin of 2.5% (It was 8% last month...bit of a difference there hey what))

Huh...you say..how come the USA won then?

With magnificent Mogul power that's how!

The Mogul
USA fielded 31 troops...a crack squad I might add.
Won 4970 bonus goodies = 51.7%
UK & Co fielded 40 troopers....and went down fighting.
Won 4630 points = 48.3%
USA win by 3.4% or 340 points

And that Mogul win my friends was enough to clinch it.
Combined total scores.
USA 50.2%
UK 49.8%
USA win by .4%...Cor..that's less than half a percent...a whisker..a hairsbreadth..a sliver of dental floss

Well Done America For Winning the March Battle!

If you want all the stats just scroll down...and tomorrow I'll deal with the fastest Fingers...The Daily Dervishes and the MOPS. Yep...it's individual adulation day!
But...lastly we have 2 new crowns to plonk on our new champs heads.
We have a new Challenge champ....please midgetmark take a bow...accept your sceptre and reclining throne. Comfy hey?
And...our new Mogul Maximus is jules44. Long Live Jules44...who amazingly managed to depose miffy42 who has held the noble office since the Mogul began in September.
I will not offer pity...for I know miffy will be back.
I'll let the two new champs lead the Invincibles upto the cable cars going to Olympus...(you did'nt really think they had to climb did you?)

I'll see you all tomorrow...but now...I'm going to raise my glass (non-alcoholic of course) to the USA for a fantastic win...after running behind midmonth they snatched glory and all played like little Titans.
Penguin is chuffed for ya.

No comments: